The course design is an introduction to cavern diving and to help develop the minimum skills and knowledge for cavern and minimal overhead environment while remaining within clear sight of the entrance and daylight.
This course has a number of objective which included:
- How to avoid common mistakes in overhead environments.
- Become aware of the risks and hazards inherent in cavern diving. Improve diving skills such as buoyancy, trim and propulsion.
- Be aware of and practice Cavern diving etiquette & conservation.
- Be able to identify the Psychological and Physiology considerations for cavern divers.
- Gas management procedures and management for cavern divers.
- To be able to describe a number of Equipment considerations that apply to cavern diving.
- Understand the Line techniques for cavern divers.
- Cavern finning techniques to minimize silting and to promote efficient swimming.
- Able to discuss the importance of Emergency procedures & Accident analysis.